Any upper body exercise, or in fact, anything that involves the use of your upper body, needs strong shoulders. Shoulder injuries are one of the most common injuries people suffer from. The reason is neglecting your shoulder muscles and not giving them the TLC they deserve.
Here are the top 20 shoulder exercises to strengthen not only your shoulder muscles, but also to strengthen the bones and joints; improve their range of motion; and sculpt those sexy shoulders.
1. Shoulder Shrug And Roll:
Shoulder Shrug and Roll is a combination exercise that uses static and dynamic stretch to warm up the shoulder muscles and joints. This exercise combines isometric and isotonic movements, which aids in toning and strengthening the muscles while improving the range of motion.
- Stand straight with your abs tight and back straight.
- Now raise your shoulders to your ears in a shrug as high as you can. Hold for 15 seconds.
- Now, roll your shoulders in nice circles clockwise. Do 15 reps.
- Do the rolls in anti-clockwise direction.
- Again, shrug and hold for 15 seconds.
- Then relax.
More Fitness On: 20 Effective Shoulder Exercises You Should Include In Workout