Have you ever tried plank exercises? Whether you try isotonic, isometric, plyometric or calisthenics yoga , each type of exercise uses the plank in some form or the other. Here are 21 best variations of this amazing exercise that you can include in your workout regimen to get that slim, sculpted, and strong body.
Let’s have a look at the 21 effective Plank Exercises:
The plank is a balance and core conditioning exercise that involves maintaining a difficult position for extended periods of time. Here are the plank exercises:
This is the traditional plank, which is done on your arms. Though it is the most basic form of plank, it still works out your total integrated body. The most important things to keep in mind while doing this are that your hands should be directly underneath your shoulders, and your body should be in a straight line. Here is how to do the traditional, basic plank:
- Get down on your hands and knees with your arms straight and hands placed on the floor directly under your shoulders. Your arms should form a straight line from your shoulders to the hands.
- Now, push your body up by lifting your knees such that now you are resting on your hands and the balls of your feet.
- Keep your back straight and your tush aligned with the entire body, in a line.
- Do not strain your neck and keep the abs engaged by sucking the belly button in.
- Hold the plank for 10 seconds.