Being fat unambiguously raises a question on your fitness levels, but being skinny does not mean you are healthy and fit. Embracing yoga is one of the ways to charge up your fitness levels. Along with offering you a well-toned and healthy body, the asanas, Pranayamas, and bandhas, when performed according to the rules, can make you the proud owner of a fit body.
While many yoga exercises for fitness are tricky and tough, there are countless poses that can be performed with utmost ease, even if you are just a beginner. Here are ten such easy yoga asanas that you can practice for improving and stabilizing your fitness levels.
10 must-know yoga asanas for better fitness:
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose):
Tone your abdomen and strengthen your spine and back with this yoga pose.
- Lie down in prone position on the floor.
- Bring your hands above the head, with legs stretched out, heels touching each other.
- Breathing normally, you have to bring the palms underneath the shoulders aligning the fingertips with shoulders.
- Inhale and raise your head so that your eyes see the ceiling.
- Hold the position for a period of 30 to 60 seconds, while breathing normally.
- Exhale and slowly roll your chest, neck, and then forehead, stretching your hands above the head, to come back to the opening position.
Repeat thrice, with a 15-second relaxation period between each repetition.
More Fitness On: Top 10 Yoga Exercises To Boost Your Fitness Levels